POLICY ISSUES IN THE EARLY YEARS
Author(s): Linda Miller; Denise Hevey
Providing a unique and critical insight into some of the most significant issues affecting Early Years Policy, this book has chapters from leading authorities and researchers in the field and draws on current research, addresses key debates and considers international perspectives.
Topics covered include:
- policy making
- poverty, disadvantage and social exclusion
- promoting infant mental health
- safeguarding and well-being
- enhancing children′s potential
- parenting policies and skills
- national strategies versus professional autonomy
- the marketisation of early years provision
- democracy as a fundamental value in Early Years
Taking a critical perspective and written in an accessible style, the book is relevant to all levels of Early Years courses, from Foundation Degree to Masters. The reader is encouraged to engage with debates and to develop their own views and opinions. With staggered levels of Further Reading, the editors and contributors provide a rich source of material that encourages reflection and promotes progression.
Linda Miller is Professor Emeritus of Early Years, The Open University.
Denise Hevey is Professor of Early Years, The University of Northampton.
- : 9780857029638
- : SAGE Publications, Limited
- : 0.340194
- : January 2012
- : .5 Inches X 6.75 Inches X 9.5 Inches
- : books
- : Linda Miller; Denise Hevey
- : Paperback
- : English
- : 372.210941
- : 200