OUTDOOR CLASSROOM IN PRACTICE AGES 3-7
Author(s): Karen Constable
The outdoor environment is an integral part of many early years settings and schools, but is it being used to its full potential?
The Outdoor Classroom in Practice, Ages 3-7 offers guidance on how the outdoors can be used to teach and challenge children across a range of settings by drawing on forest school practice. Following a month-by-month format, it explores theme-related play experiences, planning, evaluations of how the ideas described were carried out and what impact they had on children's learning and development.
This fully updated second edition includes:
- over 150 new full-colour photographs to illustrate practice
- activities and objectives for both early years and KS1, including links to indoor play
- discussion and support for those working with children with special educational needs
- detailed information on the role of the adult and of the environment
- sections covering health and safety guidelines and specific risk assessment in all chapters
Written by a leading authority on forest school practice, this book aims to inspire and help practitioners make the most of the outdoor environment all year round.
- : 9781138310100
- : Taylor & Francis Group
- : Routledge
- : 0.861826
- : October 2018
- : 1 Centimeters X 21.1 Centimeters X 29.6 Centimeters
- : books
- : Karen Constable
- : Paperback
- : English
- : 180