CliffsNotes on Austen's "Pride and Prejudice"
Author(s): Marie Kalil; Cliffs Notes Staff
InCliffsNotes on Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen's most popular and well-known work, you'll meet Elizabeth Bennet and her sisters as they navigate the social milieu of provincial 18th-century England. In addition to easy travels through all of the novel's ironic plot twists, you'll get detailed plot summaries and chapter-by-chapter commentaries to show you how Austen's belief in rationalism triumphs in the union of Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy. You'll also discover
- Life and background of the author, Jane Austen
- A character map that graphically illustrates the relationships among the characters
- Critical essays about women's roles in 19th-century Britain and money
- A review section that tests your knowledge
- A Resource Center with books, websites, and films for further study
Classic literature or modern-day treasure--you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
Marie Kalil received her M.A. from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, specializing in nineteenth-century British and American Literature. She has taught at the University of Nebraska at Omaha and Iowa Western Community College.
Life and Background of the Author; Introduction to the Novel; Critical Commentaries; Chapter 1 5; Chapter 6 9; Chapter 10 14; Chapter 15 18; Chapter 19 23; Chapter 24 27 (Volume II, Chapter 1 4); Chapter 28 32 (Volume II, Chapter 5 9); Chapter 33 36 (Volume II, 10 13); Chapter 37 42 (Volume II, 14 19); Chapter 43 46 (Volume III, 1 4); Chapter 47 50 (Volume III, 5 8); Chapter 51 55 (Volume III, 9 13); Chapter 56 60 (Volume III, 14 19); Character Analyses; Critical Essays; CliffsNotes Review; CliffsNotes Resource Center; Index.
- : 9780764586071
- : Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company
- : Harcourt Children's Books
- : 0.12
- : May 2000
- : 210mm X 135mm X 10mm
- : United States
- : books
- : Marie Kalil; Cliffs Notes Staff
- : Paperback
- : New edition
- : English
- : 823.7
- : 96
- : English literature: literary criticism
- : illustrations