BEOWULF CLIFFS NOTES
Author(s): Stanley P. Baldwin; Elaine Strong Skill
The original CliffsNotes study guides offer expert commentary on major themes, plots, characters, literary devices, and historical background. The latest generation of titles in this series also features glossaries and visual elements that complement the classic, familiar format.
CliffsNotes on Beowulf takes you into the epic story of warriors and strange beasts. Beowulf is considered to be the longest and greatest surviving Anglo-Saxon poem. Some see it as an early celebration of Christianity. Others think it extols--or perhaps condemns--heroic values.
Step into this epic poem and get ready for sword fights, feasts, and treasures. With this study guide, you'll be able to follow all of the action as you consider the artistic impact of the work. You'll also gain insight into the characteristics of the unknown poet and the manuscript itself. Other features that help you study include
- Character analyses of major players
- A character map that graphically illustrates the relationships among the characters
- Critical essays
- A review section that tests your knowledge
- A Resource Center full of books, articles, films, and Internet sites
Classic literature or modern-day treasure--you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
- : 9780764585807
- : Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company
- : Cliffs Notes
- : 0.01
- : May 2000
- : .23 Inches X 5.5 Inches X 8.5 Inches
- : books
- : Stanley P. Baldwin; Elaine Strong Skill
- : Paperback
- : English
- : 102