YOUNG CHILDREN PEDAGOGY AND THE ARTS
Young Children, Pedagogy and the Arts is an innovative text that describes practices and research that cross all five strands of the arts-visual, drama, music, dance, and media-and illuminates ways of understanding children and their arts practices that go beyond the common traditions. The book:
- Offers practical and rich illustrations of teachers' and children's work based on international research that integrates theory with practice;
- Brings a critical lens to arts education;
- Includes summaries, reflective questions, and recommended further readings with every chapter.
Young Children, Pedagogy and the Arts provides a more nuanced understanding of the arts through an exploration of specific instances in which committed teachers and researchers are discovering what contemporary multimodal tools offer to young children. Chapters contain examples of 'doing' the arts in the early years, new ways of teaching, and how to use emerging technologies to develop multiliteracies, equity, agency, social and cultural capital, and enhance the learning and engagement of marginalized children.
- : 9780415626996
- : Routledge
- : 0.340194
- : May 2013
- : 1.3 Centimeters X 15.4 Centimeters X 22.8 Centimeters
- : books
- : Felicity McArdle (Editor); Gail Boldt (Editor)
- : Paperback
- : English
- : 224