POSITIVE DISCIPLINE A TEACHERS A-Z GUIDE
Take back the classroom and make a positive difference in your students' lives.
Many teachers today are facing problems and discipline issues they never dreamed of when they decided to become teachers. Combine violence, behavioral disorders, and downright defiant attitudes from students with the age-old problems of bullying, poor attendance, and more, and the mix is positively lethal. However, there are effective, positive strategies for restoring order and turning the teacher-student relationship into one of mutual respect.
Applicable to all grade levels, this comprehensive A to Z guide addresses modern-day problems and practical solutions for establishing an effective learning environment. Inside, you'll discover:
- The 17 fundamental tools of positive discipline
- Real-life stories of proven positive discipline strategies
- Suggestions for establishing and maintaining respectful, nurturing relationships with students
- And much more
"Overcome obstacles and get back to why you became a teacher in the first place: to empower students with confidence, self-respect, and resourcefulness."
--Bill Scott, principal, Birney Elementary School, Murietta, Georgia
"An inspiring, information-packed book. All teachers--from those just beginning to those with many years of experience--will find the tools of positive discipline easy to use."
--Phillip Harris, Ed.D., director, Center for Professional Development and Services, Phi Delta Kappa International
- : 9780761522454
- : Random House Publishing Group
- : 0.573
- : July 2001
- : 2.1 Centimeters X 17.8 Centimeters X 22.2 Centimeters
- : books
- : Jane Nelsen; Linda Escobar; Kate Ortolano; Roslyn Duffy; Debbie Owen-Sohocki
- : Paperback
- : 336